Friday 30 October 2015

Beauty Dupes

Hello lovelies!
               Today I'm going to tell you about beauty/ make up dupes.

For those of you who don't know what a dupe is this is what they are. Beauty/ Make up dupe: Copy of a high end product at a much more affordable price.

Now don't get me wrong, high end products are brilliant as they are usually high quality but they are expensive.

That's why I think duped products are a great idea as they are perfect for people on a budget (like me!). If you look carefully duped products are often just as good quality (though not always) as high end ones. 

However some people think they are a rip off of high end products and that beauty/ makeup companies are making a business out of "glorified" fakes.

Personally I think dupes are great because its worth getting product that's just as high quality for a much cheaper price.


Beauty/ Make up dupes:

As soon as I typed in "make up dupes" and clicked on images, hundreds came up! I thought I'd share with you the best ones and it might inspire you to get the cheaper alternative



















My Personal Dupes

Currently I own 2 duped products and they haven't disappointed me! 
Here they are:

W7 in the nude eyeshadow palette

Naked 3 palette: £38
W7 in the nude palette: £5.99



These 2 eyeshadow palettes are very similar to each other but there is a huge difference in price. I own the w7 in the nude palette but not the naked 3 palette and I've never tried it either. However I've been using the w7 one for a couple of months now and it hasn't let me down. There are 12 different nude eyeshadows (I tend to go for the pinky shades) and the quality is really good. The colour last all day.



Blushing Hearts Blusher

Too faced blusher: £21
Blushing Hearts(I heart make up) blusher: £4.99

I spent ages looking for the duped version and I eventually found it at Superdrug in London. For those of you who are looking for the blusher its by I heart makeup (owned by makeup revolution but you won't find it on the makeup revolution stand). I've used it twice so far and I've been really pleased with the results. The blusher is very pigmented and it gives your cheeks a lovely pink glow (however I have to tone it down as it's quite bright).

With using and owning these 2 dupes I've found them to be  really good quality products that have definitely been a bargain buy.

So next time your thinking of buying a high end product, why not by the dupe of it? It will be much cheaper and the quality will be just as good.


 










No comments: