Friday 31 January 2014

My week of work experience

Hey
   This week, instead of going to school, I was on work experience and I loved every minute of it.



 I went to my old primary school
and I helped out as a student
teacher. For the week I was
placed with reception class so I helped out there.







On my 1st Day I was extremely nervous. I arrived and was shown around reception and shown all the classes and what I would be doing for the week. As the day went on my nerves faded and was replaced with delight.

Over the week I helped do odd jobs in the classroom, lead classroom sessions (such as show and tell), worked with the children ect. On Wednesday I helped out with 2 pe lessons. I acted out the three billy goats gruff story twice in those lessons.

However my favorite part of the week was when the children went on playtime. On the first day I made up a story for a few of the children. As the week progressed more and more children demanded me to tell them a story. Soon I was surrounded by children listening to my story. I also read stories in class to them as well. As well as telling stories I helped them build models out of wooden blocks, did painting with them ect.

I think the most nerve wracking thing for me was eating in the staff room on a lunch time. I felt quite awkward ( though not in a mean way) sitting there with the other teachers and eating my lunch. However my friend from school was also with me so at least we had each other. 














Today was my last day and I was really sad to be leaving as I had so much fun working, playing and helping the children. The teachers very kindly gave me a star award, a box of chocolates and a thank you card. They also wrote lovely comments on the back of my log book.

This was one of the best weeks ever and I was very glad to have been able to do my work experience at my old school.


No comments: